Mercy’s Emergency Care Unit (ECU) offers fast, personal and convenient trauma medical services and is prepared to handle emergencies large and small, 24 hours a day.
- Mercy’s emergency care is significantly faster than the national average, so you’ll wait less and go home sooner.
- If you need to be admitted overnight or longer, fully staffed inpatient hospital beds are just a few steps away.
- The ECU is conveniently located just a couple of blocks from downtown, at the corner of Bloomington and Gilbert streets.
- The patient drop-off area is both heated and covered and is close to the parking lot.
- There is a large waiting room, a private family consultation room and a children’s play area.
- Private treatment rooms, consultation rooms and triage areas are available.
- Patients are always treated by experienced emergency room doctors––not residents or students.
- All ECU nurses are certified in trauma care, and all ECU physicians are certified in advanced trauma life support.
Family members are kept informed every step of the way. And if family members travel from out of town to see a loved one, they may want to stay close by in Guest Lodging.
If you would like a nurse to help you make an appointment with a Mercy doctor, call Mercy On Call at 358-2767 or 800-358-2767, or visit www.findamercydoctor.com.