Physicians and dedicated surgical teams perform a number of surgeries at Mercy including general, orthopedic, robotic, cardiovascular, podiatric, and plastic. Some of these procedures include:
- Advanced laparoscopic surgery- anti reflux surgery (nissen fundoplication), appendectomy, cholecystectomy, hernia repair, and colectomy
- Anorectal surgery-abscess, fissurectomy, fistulotomy, hemorrhoidectomy/rubber band ligation, sphincterotomy
- Breast cancer surgery
- Breast surgery-biopsy, lumpectomy, needle localization biopsy, male breast enlargement/gynecomastia, mastectomy, and sentinel lymph node biopsy
- Colon surgery-colectomy, low anterior resections, abdominal perineal resection, colonoscopy and endoscopy
- Gastrostomy placement
- Adult and pediatric hernia repair
- Myocutaneous flap wound closure
- Port placement and central lines
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy
- Single incision laproscopic surgery
- Skin and soft rissue biopsy and excisions, pilonidal cyst management
- Venous ligation, division, and ablation
Mercy has fourteen state-of-the-art operating rooms.
Pre-surgical dietary guidelines:
Adults and Children older than 12 months
DO NOT chew gum, suck on hard candy or mints 8 hours before your scheduled surgery time.
*Examples of clear liquids (liquids you can see through): water, clear fruit juices (apple juice), carbonated beverages (7-Up or Sprite), tea and black coffee (no cream or sugar).